Viggle: Earn Prizes for Watching TV
A few weeks ago I started using an app called Viggle. Viggle is a service that awards points for checking in to the TV shows you are watching. You then use those points to get prizes such as gift cards for places like Amazon, Best Buy, Fandango and more. You can even get a Macbook Air or a cruise if you collect enough points. You can sign up here: http://join.viggle.com/watkinspaulr
Here is how it works:
- Sign-up and install the app on your iOS and/or Android devices
- Tap the app to check in. The app listens to the TV to determine what you are watching. If the automatic check-in fails 3 times it will allow you to search for your show.
- Confirm your check in and collect points.
- Turn your points into prizes.
Simple! In three weeks of using the app, I have collected over 10,000 points.
In just 3 short weeks, I have made a few notes to help others with their use of Viggle.
- It seems to work better on iOS than Android. It works fine on both, but the iOS version seems to be less buggy.
- You only have to check into a show once. No need to check in every 2 minutes to get point. Just check in and you will get the points from that time until the scheduled end of the show.
- Check into the Feature shows as they award extra points.
- Play trivia. You get points even if you don’t know the answer.
- Some commercials reload every hour, some with every different show check-in.
- You get points for getting your friends to sign up. You will get a referral url much like this one: http://join.viggle.com/watkinspaulr
- Long shows that run during the day are your friend. Today and Good Morning America are usually worth a decent amount of time, so is HLN.
I personally know someone who in a few short months amassed enough points for $225 in Amazon gift cards, so if you use it, you can really benefit!
Are any of you using it? Comment below and let us know about your experiences!